Cantorix is committed to protecting the privacy of those who visit the Cantorix.com website and use the Cantorix Service. Your privacy is important to us, and to better protect it, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and store information volunteered by the consumer (such as via a survey or registration on the site). The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested. Also, we will only share such information when we have your permission, or if it is necessary to do so in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving a threat to the physical safety of any person, the violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
The Information we collect and how we use it
When you sign up for Cantorix we request certain pieces of information such as your name, email address, and contact information. We use the collected information for the following general purposes: provision of products and services, billing, identification and authentication, service improvement, contact, and research.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services:
- Subscribers and Customers, Etc. In the normal operation of the Site Subscriber (including information entered by additional members) invoices are disclosed to the applicable Customers, and Customer information is disclosed to the applicable Subscriber. In general, information you enter on the Site is available to the other persons – whether they are Customers, Subscribers, staff members or others – to whom you give access to your account or to whom you give access to the information through the normal operation of the Site.
- Payment Information. We use personally identifiable information (such as PayPal email addresses) you submit to us on the Site, and other information that we collect, as required, to process payments you make through the Site through our payment processor intermediaries. We do not store credit card or other payment method information. We may also share personally identifiable information with our payment processor intermediaries for risk management and fraud prevention.
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We aggregate and anonymize sales information including (but not limited to) industry type, number of invoices sent, average invoice size, method of sending invoices, percentage paid online, sales amounts and average sale per customer, and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to Subscribers. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to identify you personally.
- If you post on our forum or blog your username and other information you include is displayed in your postings or comments, and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities in the public areas of the forum will be identifiable to your User ID, and other people can see your published content. If you disclose personal information in any posting in our forum or blog and wish to have it removed, please contact us at the support contact information listed below, and posted on the Site.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates; Service Providers. We may from time to time use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated service providers in the operation of the Site, and may disclose personal information to them in the course of our use of their services. For example, we may use the services of third-party hosting companies to host the operation of the Site. This may involve the hosting of data, including personal information, on servers operated by those hosting companies. We take care to use only service providers that we believe are reputable and able to live up to our and your expectations, including concerning the handling of confidential information. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requests and Business Transitions; Emergencies. Cantorix may disclose your personal information (a) to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including privacy laws, rules, and regulations), (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding, (c) as otherwise required under any applicable law, rule, or regulation, and (d) in good faith, to protect or defend the rights or property of Cantorix and other users and (e) if Cantorix is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We use reliable third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required for Cantorix.
- Cantorix strives to protect your personal information. For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information, such as credit card number and billing information, you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once Cantorix receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. More information about security is available on the Site and in our Terms of Service
- We may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- We may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified during sign up, or by placing a prominent notice on cantorix.com.